Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Christmas After Credit Cards

A crucial time of year approaches for families trying to reduce debt. The holidays are more difficult to get without going through increasing debt. I have this to be particularly true with my own family. Reflecting on previous years, it is difficult to say where my problems began. When I was a single parent, I had the blessings of a large family, infrastructure, and a "secret Santa"; overly Both showered my children with gifts at Christmas. I call them blessings.However, I had a crystal ball at the time, I would definitely approach the subject of Christmas have entirely different. More economical on the commercial side and aggressive on the spiritual, or a celebration on this page.

It is particularly important to keep focused during the holiday season to financial goals. It is as easy targets, with mounting excitement and anticipation of children every day, the holiday comes closer to distract themselves. I found it so easy to change in the pastPriorities with the flip of a credit card! My children, the happiness and expectations rose slightly on the necessity of debt, and every year to year. And so today I am still paying for past Christmas and planning how I approach a debt free Christmas.

For years I had told the children "This year Christmas will be meager. We need to not only spend so much money this year." I had already discussed with the children, the changes in our financialSituation. I explained to him in every detail, as we have in debt, the importance for our future to get out of debt, and how I had planned to achieve the elimination of debt. Needless to say, it was a rude awakening for them. But even if I gave the speech, my actions do not confirm commitments to the Christmas season.

Every year I want to go splurge on my feelings and always new credit or increased credit limits on subsidiesVacation. I knew it was a big mistake. As she showed me seriously with such a blatant display of effort? But, I went to do in any case. Only a perfect example of how we let our emotions control our actions.

But then came the year after. The year after I had exhausted every card and could not get more, additional or extended new loans. The year that I had no other choice than to live up to my commitment. I must say it was hard. But I think in hind sightthat it is harder for me than it was for them.
So what's a parent to do? Be honest! It is always the best policy.

Of course, since my children were no longer under the influence of the "Santa" legend, was facilitated my work. I sat down with them again, but this time I showed them the money so to speak. Or rather, the lack of money. I told him that every cost in the budget. I compared it to our income. I showed them, on paper, that we were living on the bareMinimum.

Then I explained about our debts, as Christmas had in the past, contributed greatly to the problem. I stressed that this money was spent I know that I do not have, and that now was the time that I had to pay back. I also explained that this is the first year that I would not have the credit cards would rotate. I had no choice but to follow through on what I had been saying for years, This Christmas would indeed be very different.

If you are stillChildren and choose to de-commercialize the holidays, I recommend the implementation of some celebration is now changing. An increased focus on the real spirit of Christmas and the celebration or to minimize the importance of gifts. Certainly, a few specially selected or created gifts More than a plethora of meaningless short-lived appreciated gifts.

Teaching children how to choose or create, gifts of the recipients' interests and needs is the best practice. I've learned how important itChoosing the right gift because of neccessity. I also realized how absurd it is about giving. It is the few really cared for the gifts that remain of course. Frequency is to be eliminated almost immediately! I saw it with my own eyes, year after year.

I know that in itself is an ever-evolving technological society, the task of creative give more and more difficult. However, I also believe that the more technological our society becomes, the more we will be greatly missed and long for the simpler times of thelive. I've been missing, and we have only just begun, the technological revolution. Much of today's technology is of short duration and are updated constantly. It is difficult to maintain without the guilt, if you live on a modest income.

Show your children a meaningful Christmas now, and not only might save you money, you will not find themselves trying to explain, a lean Christmas holidays. Put it in perspective, before it leaves the hand, and everyone is saved a lot of Disappointment and reality shock!

Everyone deserves the right to live free of debt. Being financially secure and independent is an option that anyone can choose. Check the three simple steps to a successful debt elimination.

If any Debt Free Living together strategies are you in achieving a debt free life to be successful ...

Budget your money to live within your means.
Use a variety of tips and save money> Strategies to save money every day on everything you buy and do!
To eliminate debt and learn to manage credit properly.

federal parent plus student loans credit card and bill debt consolidation loans best

No comments:

Post a Comment